Hi friends, I hope you all are good at this festive season. Our look is incomplete without lip colour, just like food without salt. Today I give you a full review of a Lipcolour from the house of Lakme. It’s been around for years Lakme launch their 9 to 5 Lip & Cheek Mousse lip Color range in India. But recently Lakme added few new shades in this range. Brick Bloom is one of the new shade from this range. Lakme 9 to 5 Lip & Cheek Matte Mousse Color in ‘Brick Bloom’ is a muted slightly dark brick red shade. Now this shade is one of my current go-to lip colours. Let’s jump to the review.
Description of Lakme 9 to 5 Weightless Matte Mousse Lip & Cheek Color:
We all know 9 to 5 range from the house of Lakme is their office wear makeup range. That’s why Lakme claims ‘No to touch up’ with this range. Lakme’s first lip and cheek colour come in a mousse texture. It is weightless, that means it does not feels heavy on lips and giving a powdery matte finish to lips. Along with this, it gives a soft blush to the cheeks. Since it is a mousse texture, it absorbs well and gives an intense colour that is very long-lasting.
This Lakme Mousse Lip and Cheek colour are ideal for daily office wear to adding charm and also for the wedding functions or festive seasons. Its dual benefit makes it a high functional product for the busy and on the go working women.
Key Features Of The Lakme 9 to 5 Mousse Lip & Cheek Color:
- Mousse texture
- Feathery light
- Not heavy on lips
- Ultra matte
- Use it as a blusher
- Long shade range
Lakme 9 to 5 liquid lipstick Price: 625/- for 9 gram of product
Shelf Life: 3 years from the manufacturing date
Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Octyl dodecanol, Polyethylene
How to use Liquid Lipstick As Lipcolour and Cheeks:
Step 1- Give your lips a powdery matte look. Swipe on with the easy-to-use foam tip applicator and apply a second coat to deepen the shade.
Step 2- Add a soft blush to your cheeks. Dot the mousse under your cheekbones in a half-moon shape then use your fingertips to blend it on cheeks.
Lakme 9 to 5 weightless mousse lipstick Swatches:
My Experience With Lakme 9to5 Mousse Lip & Cheek Color in the Shade Brick Bloom:
Smell: It has a fruity kind of smell. That does not irritate my nose.
Packaging: Lakme 9to5 Matte Mousse Lip & Cheek Color comes in a rose gold cardboard box. The actual product comes into the box and the lip and cheek colour comes in a light pink cylindrical container and the cap of the container is rose gold in colour.
The applicator is also very good at quality. Triangular shape foam tip applicator is very easy to apply this mousse lipstick on lips. It gives you a perfect contoured lip.
My verdict: For this festive season and wedding functions I pickup this Brick Bloom shade from this 9to5 matte mousse range. This is a little dark brick red shade. It looks beautiful on Indian skin. This lip and cheek colour is very pigmented and also lightweight like a feather. It does not feel heavy on the lips. The formula of this Lakme 9to5 Mousse Lip & Cheek Color is amazing, gives a powdery finish. This mousse lip colour stays on my lips up to 3 to 4 hours easily. But when I eat some food then it starts to fades from the middle of the lips. But if you drink some water then it does not fade.
This Lakme mousse lip colour gives a very nice colour payoff with or without any base. Also, it does not settle on the lips. That’s why it does not look patchy on the lips. You can see this on my lips in the picture below. A single application is more than enough for daily use. But for the opaque finish, you need to apply 1-2 coats of this lip colour. Also, it doesn’t dry out my lips. This shade would go with almost every Indian skin tone. I love this type of brick red lip shade for festive seasons. This is a must buy lip colour girls…
How I am Use This Mousse Lip& Cheek Lip Colour?
- I love this shade but I have dry lips, that’s why after some time it drying my lips. For that reason, before applying this Lakme lipstick I prefer to exfoliate my lips and apply a good lip balm to moisturise my lips. After a few minutes dab a tissue and remove excess lip balm. The apply this mousse lip colour on lips. Actually I follow that process before applying any liquid lipstick.
- If you want opaque colour in just one stroke then apply some foundation or concealer on lips. It even out your lips. It is also helpful for discoloured lips. And also this process makes any lipstick longlasting.
- Besides that, I am applying this Lakme lip and cheek colour on cheeks as a cream blusher. It gives you nice flush of colour on cheeks. This is perfect for any festive occasions or wedding functions. you can see in the picture, I am applying this mousse lip colour as a blusher.
Likes And Dislikes of Lakme Mousse Lip& Cheek Lip Colour:
- Very lightweight, mousse kind of texture
- it feels very heavy on lips
- Not look patchy on lips
- Particularly this shade is perfect for every Indian skin tone for me
- Versatile product. You can use it as a blusher
- Nice Pigmentation
- Price a bit high
- For an opaque finish, you need to apply 2 to 3 coat
- It takes 3 to 4 minutes time to dry out
- After eating food it starts to fade from the centre of the lips
PrettifyOurself Rating: 4/5
Thanks for reading!!!