Hello friends, If you find a compact that work as a compact and as well as also gives sun protection like a good sunscreen then LAKME Sun Expert Compact is best choice for you. Very unique product from the house of Lakme. This compact comes under Lakme Sun Expert range. This is Lakme’s sunscreen product range. First-ever any drugstore makeup brand launch sunscreen in a compact (pressed powder) format. Few days back I am reviewing *New* POND’S Sunscreen Cream SPF 30 and today I am back with the review of an another sunscreen and this is very unique LAKME Sunscreen Compact. Lets check out the detail review below..
Price : 220/- for 7 gm of product
Self Life : 24 months
Key Features of this Lakme Sun Expert Compact :
- Gives Ultra Matte finish
- It has SPF 40 and PA+++
- This compact is very light on skin and also non-sticky
- Dermatologically tested
- Suitable for all skin types
- Match with every skin tones
- Gives sun protection like a sunscreen in a powder compact form
Dermatologically Tested means, the product was reviewed by a dermatologist (a doctor who specializes in treating the skin, hair and nails).
Packaging of Lakme Sunscreen Compact Powder :
- Outer packaging: This compact comes with a bright yellow cardboard box. That looks very summary. Front portion of the outer packaging mentioned the name of the product and on back side of the box mentioned how to use, expiry date, product quantity, price etc.
- Inner Packaging: The original product comes with a same bright yellow colored plastic case. The plastic case is not proper round in shape. It’s shape is very unique. It contains following products :
- A powder puff
- A mirror and
- Pressed powder
The compact powder covered by a transparent plastic sheet for extra protection.
Shade: Available in a universal shade,designed for all skin tones.
What LAKME Claimed About This Pressed Powder :
How about a compact that gives you Sun Protection? Lakme Sun Expert brings your daily sunscreen now in a Compact with SPF 40, which is light, non sticky and gives a matte finish so that you can use it all year round. The long-wear SPF 40 matte powder evenly spreads on skin, forming a high coverage layer that blocks sun’s harmful rays. Sun protection that lasts for long. SPF 40 shields from UVB rays that cause sunburns. PA+++ shields from UVA rays that cause dark spot, premature ageing and skin darkening. Step out with matte & non-sticky sun protection everyday. It is dermatologically tested and suitable for all skin types.
How to use this compact to protect your skin from the sun damage according to Lakme?
- Gently blend onto face and neck 20 minutes before sun exposure.
- Re-apply every 3-4 hours for maximum protection.
- Flawless, matte and ready to step out. So it’s coverage + Sun protection for you, all together in Lakme Sun Expert Ultra Matte Compact.
What Is My Experience About This Lakme Compact?
First, I attracted by its uniqueness that is sunscreen in a compact (face powder). Previously I used many compact that gives sun protection (means with SPF) but this compact claims this is a sunscreen but not in gel or cream form, it comes in pressed powder form. Yes its true. It really gives you sun protection like a sunscreen. This compact is best for those people who do not want to use cream or gel base sunscreen for it’s oiliness.
Second, I love it’s packaging because it is very colorful, very summary. It’s fruity bright yellow colour looks very eye catching. The quality of the puff is also very good.
Third, Lakme Sun Expert Compact Powder is very affordable and very good in quality. And also gives some coverage.
How I am Using this Lakme Compact ?
Normally everyday basis I apply this compact on the sunscreen for extra sun protection. I prefer to use the powder puff which is provided with the compact. And also I used powder brush to apply this on my face.
If you want to know some valuable tips and tricks of how to apply compact or pressed powder for flawless finished look then check this Maybelline White Superfresh Compact Review
Drawbacks Of This Lakme Sun Expert Compact:
- Main drawback for me of this compact is it’s shade. There is just one universal shade. For deeper skin tone it’s not suits very well.
- Sometime it’s leaving white cast on face.
- Ingredients not mentioned any where.
Do I repurchase this compact ?
Overall My Opinion About This Lakme Sun Expert Compact :
This is very unique compact (pressed powder) that Lakme introduced specially for sun protection. This powder is best for summer. Gives you matte, flawless finish with some coverage. It stays upto 2 to 3 hours. After that for normal to oily skin needs some touch up. Definitely I recommend this. Perfect for everyone. It’s suits all skin types and also dermatologically tested.
Prettifyouself Rating : 4/5
Thanks for reading…