Hello friends, If you find a compact that works as a compact and as well as also gives sun protection like a good sunscreen then LAKME Sun Expert Compact is the best choice for you. A very unique product from the house of Lakme. This compact comes under Lakme Sun Expert range. This is Lakme’s sunscreen product range. First-ever any drugstore makeup brand launch sunscreen in a compact (pressed powder) format. A few days back I am reviewing *New* POND’S Sunscreen Cream SPF 30 and today I am back with the review of another sunscreen and this is very unique LAKME Sunscreen Compact. Let’s check out the detailed review below…
Price: 220/- for 7 gm of product
Shelf Life: 24 months
Key Features of this Lakme Sun Expert Compact :
- Gives Ultra Matte finish
- It has SPF 40 and PA+++
- This compact is very light on the skin and also non-sticky
- Dermatologically tested
- Suitable for all skin types
- Match with every skin tones
- Gives sun protection like sunscreen in a powder compact form
Dermatologically Tested means, the product was reviewed by a dermatologist (a doctor who specializes in treating the skin, hair and nails).
Packaging of Lakme Sunscreen Compact Powder :
- Outer packaging: This compact comes with a bright yellow cardboard box. That looks very summary. The front portion of the outer packaging mentioned the name of the product and on the backside of the box mentioned how to use, expiry date, product quantity, price etc.
- Inner Packaging: The original product comes with the same bright yellow-coloured plastic case. The plastic case is not proper round in shape. Its shape is very unique. It contains the following products :
- A powder puff
- A mirror and
- Pressed powder
The compact powder covered by a transparent plastic sheet for extra protection.
Shade: Available in a universal shade, designed for all skin tones.
What LAKME Claimed About This Pressed Powder :
How about a compact that gives you Sun Protection? Lakme Sun Expert brings your daily sunscreen now in a Compact with SPF 40, which is light, non-sticky and gives a matte finish so that you can use it all year round. The long-wear SPF 40 matte powder evenly spreads on the skin, forming a high coverage layer that blocks sun’s harmful rays. Sun protection that lasts for long. SPF 40 shields from UVB rays that cause sunburns. PA+++ shields from UVA rays that cause dark spot, premature ageing and skin darkening. Step out with matte & non-sticky sun protection every day. It is dermatologically tested and suitable for all skin types.
How to use this compact to protect your skin from the sun damage according to Lakme?
- Gently blend onto face and neck 20 minutes before sun exposure.
- Re-apply every 3-4 hours for maximum protection.
- Flawless, matte and ready to step out. So it’s coverage + Sun protection for you, all together in Lakme Sun Expert Ultra Matte Compact.
What Is My Experience About This Lakme Compact?
First, I attracted by its uniqueness that is sunscreen in a compact (face powder). Previously I used many compact that gives sun protection (means with SPF) but this compact claims this is a sunscreen but not in gel or cream form, it comes in pressed powder form. Yes, it’s true. It gives you sun protection like a sunscreen. This compact is best for those people who do not want to use cream or gel-based sunscreen for its oiliness.
Second, I love it’s packaging because it is very colourful, very summary. Its fruity bright yellow colour looks very eye-catching. The quality of the puff is also very good.
Third, Lakme Sun Expert Compact Powder is very affordable and very good in quality. And also gives some coverage.
How I am Using this Lakme Compact?
Normally everyday basis I apply this compact on the sunscreen for extra sun protection. I prefer to use the powder puff which is provided with the compact. And also I used a powder brush to apply this on my face.
If you want to know some valuable tips and tricks of how to apply compact or pressed powder for flawless finished look then check this Maybelline White Superfresh Compact Review
Drawbacks Of This Lakme Sun Expert Compact:
- The main drawback for me of this compact is its shade. There is just one universal shade. For deeper skin tone it does not suit very well.
- Sometimes it’s leaving a white cast on face.
- Ingredients not mentioned anywhere.
Overall My Opinion About This Lakme Sun Expert Compact :
This is a very unique compact (pressed powder) that Lakme introduced specially for sun protection. This powder is best for summer. Gives you matte, flawless finish with some coverage. It stays up to 2 to 3 hours. After that for normal to oily skin needs some touch-up. I recommend this. Perfect for everyone. It’s suits all skin types and also dermatologically tested.
Do I repurchase this compact?
Prettifyouself Rating: 4/5
Thanks for reading…